Monday, February 14, 2022

How Do I love thee?

 It's the day of LOVE in all its truest forms.  Think about the ways in which we love and how much we love and who we love.  We love our partners, we love our parents, we love our kids, we love our siblings, we love our cousins, we love our family, and we love our friends. Love is the source of energy that makes us want to live more. It is expansive and brings out the best in ourselves and in others.  I still remember one of the first gifts I received from my aunt and it was a framed quote by Juliette Drouet in Les Miserables which read:


And that's what Love is.  We love just because.  We cannot imagine our lives without the ones we have loved living or deceased. We love passionately, devotedly, piously, unconditionally, fiercely and gently. 
Love is a feeling, and the feeling is so vast that we cannot contain it - we want to spread it.  If we made a list of all our loves, what would it look like?  In all its different forms?  Mine would be a long list . Each in their own way have shown me how to love a little more deeper  and a little more stronger...and where would I be without this very long list.  I like to think of love as a mirror - we sometimes wonder how we could be loved so much - what do they see in me that I don't see? Love allows us to be the best version of ourselves - and Love teaches us to love ourselves a little more.  In my life, I have learned that one can't truly love if one doesn't learn to love themselves fully.  Loving oneself without judgement and with acceptance in all its flaws and glory. Think of our partners, our parents, our kids - we love so fiercely and yet they do are flawed -but yet we love...so why not for us? Why not love ourselves a little more.  

So today - love yourself- love your faults, love your weaknesses, love your strengths- love all of you - because when you do - then u can truly learn to love those close to u fully.  

Today's prompt is:  

How do I love thee?  You have two options - u can choose to write a love note to yourself or you can write about the love of your life (whoever that may be). 

I love thee with ........

(Write for five minutes non-stop)

OR 

Pick one of your favorite love poems and begin journaling with the first sentence of the poem or the last sentence of the poem.....

Happy Journaling! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment