Thursday, April 28, 2022

Sea Green moments....

The Pull...


 

I feel myself being pulled to the sea as we walk toward the beach

It almost speaks a language that can only be understood between us

come come to me it says 

the mind starts to get in the way - its too cold, or maybe the waves will be too strong

but this time I don't care

I have been waiting for a long time for this - this is perfect, the waves are low and not rough 

the long winter days have made my body stiff, and my bones hurt.. and this is the perfect remedy

So without wasting any time, I drop all my belongings and walk toward the water.

The sand is soft, white, and clean.  

There is a nice breeze

The sun is strong and shining - my bones feel good to get the warmth of the sun on them

The waves come to the shore and my feet feel the coolness of the water against my skin

oooh, that feels good...

I walk in slowly knowing that at any point, I can be standing on the bed and next minute not feel anything underneath my feet...

I simply allow myself to get welcomed by gentle waves

and there I am in this vast pool of a sea

Sea that when I look down, I can see clearly the algae, and the bed of the sea

A color my eyes just cannot stop getting enough of - that crystal clear turquoise blue  almost sea green 

who created you? I wonder...how can you be so gentle and so scary at the same time 

Today you are calm serene and you are inviting me to swim deeper and deeper into you

yesterday you were scary because I thought the waves were going to take me away

but yet I felt I wanted more of you...I wanted to feel your full energy 

Call me crazy, but your energy is the only thing that can heal me 

and I take it all in bit by bit 

so that whenever I am away from you, all I have to do is close my eyes and voila I am transported back. 


Journal Prompt:

Vacations bring rest and calm back to you - but when you get back to your routine it is easy to get caught up and it almost feels like we didn't even go there - so how do we capture that moment or what can we do to get replenished when we are feeling depleted.   I wanted to have that feeling linger on for a while so I did a writing prompt about it.  Think of something, someone, an experience that you don't want to forget because of how it made you feel - you felt invigorated, you felt light, you felt inspired.  Close your eyes and go back to that scene - then write about it for 10 minutes nonstop. When you are done, close your notebook and keep it away.  The next time you feel depleted, go back to that page and read it. 

Happy Journaling! 



No comments:

Post a Comment