Friday, September 11, 2015

Hope

I watched The Amazing Spider Man yesterday with my son. Last year he couldnt watch it because it was too scary. Yesterday I was surprised he wanted to watch it with me. I paused for a moment, and acknowledged that to him - " you've grown, do you see that/'  He looks at me and says "yes." I'm not a big super hero person but for some reason yesterday I was drawn into the plot. Good Vs. Evil, truth vs. untruth, and following your purpose-passion. The quote from the movie that struck me was a speech at the end of the movie, " No matter how [bad] it gets or how lost you feel, you must promise me that you will hold on to hope." Hope -it gives us so much to look forward too - for without it we live in darkness. Yes we must hold onto hope because it makes the present moment less difficult to bare. Hope brings back energy because with hope we can begin dreaming. I can't imagine life without hope - i would be crushed. And perhaps that quote at the end of the movie struck me because it brought me back to when things are bad - we have a choice -to look upward or downward - we need to go through the feelings, but we must not get stuck in our darkness - our darkness will lead us into an abyss that will have us drowning. So in every circumstance we must choose hope. We must never forget that. We must always remember!

Journal Prompt:  What is your favorite HOPE quote? If you don't have one, look for one. Keep that with you -keep it at work, write it down in your journal, memorize it. So that when you are down, and there are dark days, you can go back to it and remember - that Hope is Alive!

Happy Journaling!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment